Monday, December 7, 2015

New Ideas

This is totally unrelated to the rest of this post, but I followed my first blog today! I've been having trouble finding any that I liked, but according to a list on Yahoo, this is one of the best blogs of 2015 and I happen to agree, so go check out this Advent Calendar Tutorial!

Moving on to what this post is actually supposed to be about: new ideas for my shop. Lately I've been trying to figure out how to make my things stand out more on Etsy, and it may be because I went to see Mockingjay Part 2 and still have the Hunger Games on my mind, but I think I need to start incorporating my favorite movies/books into my items. A lot of the things I make are not things I would wear, which is why I sell them. That's how I've always been. At the very start, if I really liked a bracelet I would keep it for myself (not the best business strategy). But I recently read an article about how strange sells: apparently the weirder something is on Etsy, the more likely it will be sold. And I realize that what I'm talking about isn't exactly weird or strange, since everything that's made into a movie is pretty mainstream, but if I do it right, I think it could work. :)

I don't really know how I'm going to do it yet, but I'm definitely planning to add some fandom-related merchandise to my Etsy shop next year. Have any ideas? Anything you'd like to see in my shop? Feel free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment